Here we go ! OK. Bad news, good news. I sucked at my weight loss this last week. I drank more alcohol than I should have and I didn’t eat very well either. This time of year marks the first anniversary of the death of my mother and her birthday. I celebrated / mourned the loss. I’m going to go easy on myself for this one. I’ll weigh in next week and see the damage / results then.
I’m back on track and I have made my commitment even stronger. So there’s the good news:
I have firmed up my commitment to daily exercise including Yoga, 30 minute walk and a wight / calisthenic routine. I’m 59 and want to finally get into good shape. I see that I need to firm up my belly and thighs. Squats and core exercises are on the fitness menu. I love watching Yoga w/ Adriene on Youtube
Here’s today’s plan to use my Vegan / Plant Based way of eating to lose weight:
- Breakfast – Pumpkin Pie – Sweet Tater Smoothie w/ banana, dates, canned yams, plant milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice. ( see below for recipe )
- Exercise – 20 min walk, Yoga, Squats.
- Lunch – Hariyali Vegetables w/ pita bread. Kombucha to drink. ( see video & recipe HERE for instructions )
- Dinner – Chili Nachos topped w/ fresh Pico de Gallo. Sparkling water & fresh juices for flavoring to drink. ( see video for my Vegan Chili recipe HERE )
- Snack – 3 dried dates.
Verdict: Success !
- 3/4 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 frozen banana - chopped
- 16oz plant milk
- 1/2 can yams
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamoon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- dash nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and process till smooth. Enjoy !